Updated: Dec 16, 2018
You will love the simplicity of these healthy flapjacks. They are a recipe to just throw it all together and bang it in the oven. I use gluten free oats for mine as I cook gluten free for my son. Almost every week I make a batch of flapjacks for him as a snack for school and for home. The prunes, chia seeds and oats provide fibre to aid his digestion and combat issues with constipation. It is refined sugar free and low in sugar.
450-500 gr bag of gluten free oats
1/2 jar of honey or about 1/2 cup
200 ml clarified butter or coconut oil
80 ml or 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
A good pinch of unrefined salt
3/4 cup Agen prunes or soft regular prunes
1 tsp garam masala
3 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon stevia glycosides
50 ml or about 1/4 cup drinking coconut milk or almond milk
1. Set oven to 160C for fan or 175 C for regular.
2. Mix all the dry ingredient in a bowl. Chop the prunes into 4 and add them also.
3. Put the butter, olive oil and honey in to a pan and bring to a simmer.
4. Line a square baking tray with greaseproof paper.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the pan stir to combine and add in the milk and mix very well.
6. Pour into the tray and press down with the back of a spoon to make it compact.
7.Bake for 20-30 minutes in a preheated oven.
8. Once cooked cut into portions, allow to cool completely in the tin. Than score again when cold!
Would you like help with your diet and nutrition? Please call me to discuss how I may help you!